There is nothing I like better than a tart citrus-based cake… Well, except a really good chocolate cake! But orange and poppyseed is definitely one of my favourites.
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp grated orange rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced), and grease a 6cm/2″ deep, 22cm/9″ round cake tin.
- Add butter, rind, sugar, egg, orange juice, flour and milk into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add poppyseeds and stir through.
- Pour mixture into cake tin, place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Once cool, cover with cream cheese frosting and serve to your nearest and dearest – but only them because this cake is de-lish!