Have you ever had a cheesy bacon dip that is in the middle of a big cob loaf? And you use the bread chunks that have been hollowed out to scoop the dip out? And you sit there eating it until you either make yourself sick or it’s all gone? No? I’ve never done that either… (do you believe me?)
This is that recipe.
- large round loaf of bread
- 350g sour cream
- 350g bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 250g grated cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced spring onions
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Scoop bread out of the centre of the loaf (you’ll put the dip in here so leave some base and sides to contain it) and tear into small chunks. Place remainder of loaf on a plate.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sour cream and grated cheese until blended. Then stir in bacon and onions.
- Spoon dip into bread shell and cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread chunks.
- Try to not eat until you are sick. It’s hard. Trust me.
Optional: you can add a teaspoon of chilli flakes to this for that extra bit of kick. You can also sprinkle with paprika to serve. If you want – no pressure.