Good morning book nerds!
About a week ago I was tagged by the lovely Siobhan in the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you so much Siobhan, I’m so happy to be tagged!!
The Versatile Blogger Award, an award given to bloggers by bloggers, is a fun way to discover new blogs. So, I hope everyone who has recently discovered my blog is enjoying my content!!
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award, congrats!
- Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate those for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, list 7 things about yourself
Simples! (Although 15 is like, a lot!)
7 things about me
Ummmm… ok, 7 things about me (that are relatively interesting)…
- I have 8 tattoos, only 2 of which are visible, but because I have designed the majority of them, they tend to flow into each other and so it only looks like I have 4-5. I got my most recent one in Dublin when we were on our honeymoon.
- I lived in the UK for a year when I was 19/20. I was primarily in the Lake District in Cumbria, and a tiny stint in Blackpool. I worked at hotels (that had staff quarters so I didn’t have to find somewhere to live as well).
- I have 3 kitties and they have their own instagram account. I try not to be a crazy cat lady, but I do love them lots. They are my fur babies. Although one of them drives me crazy when I’m on my computer (like now). He thinks I’m petting the keyboard and mouse and he gets SO JEALOUS. And then he lies on them so I touch him the same way. He’s so weird…
- I love music almost as much as I love books, and have been to a LOT of music festivals and concerts. I have worked in nightclubs and bars and I definitely prefer my music loud (which my husband hates).
- I am becoming far more introverted the older I get. I hate crowds. I hate going places. I don’t like hanging out with large groups of people. It takes longer for me to get to know new people. I frequently talk in sarcasm, and if you don’t know me then it’s probably weirdly off-putting. I used to be the life of the party (and go to music festivals surrounded by literal HORDES OF STRANGERS. TOUCHING ME. GROSS.) However, I love blog people… probably because I’m far nicer on a keyboard?! I’m basically an anti-troll…
- My top 4 most read authors are, in order:
- Janet Evanovich (63 books)
- Terry Pratchett (44 books)
- Charlaine Harris (39 books)
- James Patterson (36 books)
- … and I wouldn’t consider any of them my favourites, nor would I consider crime fiction to be something that I really love?! Also, I know 4 is a weird number, but I think after these 4, the numbers per author drop pretty dramatically to around 19… and there are a few around this number. This is also not counting children’s books otherwise the list would be more like: Ann M Martin, Enid Blyton, R L Stine and whoever wrote the Saddle Club and Sweet Valley books…
- I’m scared of reading hype books in case I hate them, which is why I have so many of them still on my TBR. I have full series of books that I just keep looking at and thinking “I can’t read you… it’s too intimidating… what if I hate you? Or worse, what if I don’t understand you?!” (Also, yes, I have conversations in my head…)
So… that got weirdly honest… and kind of awkward?!
Arghh! I hate doing this… ok, 15 blogs… I can do this!! This is a mix of new blogs I have discovered, and blogs I have followed for a while that I love. (Also, I’m really sorry if I don’t tag you, it doesn’t mean that I don’t love and appreciate your blog!)
Until next time, happy reading! 😊📚